Thursday, July 5, 2007

"Ask Uncle Hut"







Uncle,
It's hard to believe that the regatta season is almost over, what an incredible ride!
A number of my Novice B paddling brothers are talking about picking up OC-1's, and I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions as to how to select one so I don't sink on the water.
Ted


Dear Ted,

Right on. Da' best thing is to make sure you kick da' tires, and give it a good spin befoa' you bust out da' green.

There are many different types of OC-1's on da' market (it's gone global), and I'm sure there is one out there (new or used) with your name on it.

Best bet, talk to our coaches and veteran paddlers who paddle OC-1's (many of them paddle competitively), and they won't let you down.

Uncle Hut
Pictured Above: A bowl of Waiola's "Rainbow" flavored Shave Ice. Vanilla ice cream on da' bottom, topped with genuine Hawaiian Ohi'a Lehua Honey. Aftah' a hot day in Waikiki, it's a fast, cool, and sweet treat. Broke da' mout'. Thanks for the pic Ted. We go Korean Festival after practice next, next Saturday at Kapiolani Park. I heard Waiola Store going have one booth there too!

No comments: