Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Ask Uncle Hut"

Uncle,

I had to work and couldn't make this morning's long distance meeting :( Did you go? Could you give me the Reader's Digest, What-I-need-to-know-pronto, where-the-rubber-meets-the-road version?

I'll never forget my first regatta season, it was incredible! I can't wait to race in my first long distance "water-change" race. I'm so excited, I could just pop!

Ted
Novice B


Dear Ted,

Please don't pop, I want you to make crew, and that's the kind of enthusiasm long distance requires. It's too bad you couldn't make the meeting. If you think you're fired up now, Coach Blane told the large group of paddlers who gathered at the L.E.A.D. Center today, that we are gearing up for one doozy of a long distance season encompassing nine races from now until October. Chicken skin.
  • Long distance practice begins on Monday, July 30th (Wahine), Tuesday, July 31st (Kane).
  • An excellent presentation was given by Coach Blane, Coach Charlie, and Kehau. An informational packet was distributed which I will make available to you on-line by tomorrow.
  • A "NHCC 2007 LD Season ESTIMATED Race Fees" flyer was also distributed (I'll post this too).
  • Invite and welcome new faces as some canoe clubs do not have long distance paddling programs.

Pretty soon, you going see what the color indigo really looks like.

It's a gift from GOD, to all who get the privilege of paddling from Moloka'i to O'ahu.

Uncle Hut

No comments: