Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For Today?"

I love being asked that question.

Did I?
  • Did I look for the good, and not just the bad in people today?
  • Did I pray and fervently thank GOD for all that he has, is, and will do for my ohana, friends, and I, yesterday, today, and tomorrow?
  • Did I look for an opportunity and privilege to be kind to everyone I met today?
  • Did I take the time to really get to know at least one person a little better today?
  • Did I take the time to earnestly listen to a sister or brother in need of someone to make their world a little less lonely to live in today?
  • Did I ask GOD to help me make peace within myself in life's journey today?
  • Did I pass up a chance to tell somebody how special they are?
  • Did I take a moment during an all too brief minute's rest in the middle of practice, to not only take a swig of water from my plastic bottle, and wipe away the stinging sweat from my eyes, but to look up at the sky in utter awe and amazement that here I am sitting in a bobbing canoe, floating on the Pacific Ocean, under a balmy baby blue canopy, in a place GOD made and called Hawai'i! Whoa.

My heart smiles when I can answer "Yes" to any one of these questions, before the cashier bids me farewell, and hands me my white plastic bags full of life's stuffs.

I know that anything is possible through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We are HIS living proof.

Have A Great Weekend!

Uncle Hut

No comments: